Located 2 km north of Guelph, Ontario, the Ignatius Jesuit Centre serves as a place of beauty and sustenance, a place to play in and pray in, where nature may give strength to mind, body and soul. Nurturing growth in its unfurling beauty and rich diversity, the Centre warmly welcomes those of all faith and religious doctrine.
Consisting of a green belt stretching from the Guelph Lake Conservation Area to the Guelph Elora Trail, the estate is home to the internationally–acclaimed Loyola House Retreat Centre, the Orchard Park Office Centre, and the foundation of our Ecology Ministry, Ignatius Farm and Ignatius Community Shared Agriculture. The Centre is also home to the Plant an Old Growth Forest Project
In January 1852, Bishop Charbonnel appointed Father John Holzer, S.J. to be Pastor of the Church of our Lady Parish. This was the same year Guelph celebrated its 25th anniversary.
A photo timeline depicting significant milestones in the development of Guelph's social infrastructure and the humble beginnings of the Ignatius Jesuit Centre.
Loyola House is delighted to share its current Program Calendar. This edition includes details on new and timely workshops with informative descriptions of all our offerings.
In keeping with our recognition of the divine in God’s creation, workshops and retreats will draw from the strength and pristine beauty of the Ignatius Jesuit Centre estate. A serene and calming place of peace where retreatants and program participants can further their spiritual direction.
Karen Dysart-Chuba, Treasurer
Greg Kennedy, S.J.
Barbara Peloso, Vice-President
Richard Soo, S.J., President